The Development Proposals
The proposed development envisages:
Development of the site for up to 50 affordable dwellings:
- A mix of affordable types and tenures, but predominantly shared ownership two and three-bedroom properties (60%) reflecting the findings of a local housing needs survey;
- Significant landscaping is proposed around the site to screen the site from the surroundings and Public Open Space to serve the development and wider community and incorporating Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems to mitigate flood risk.
- The proposed properties will each have a rear private garden, which will provide for the amenity of future occupants and ensure that there is appropriate separation between the proposed dwellings and the existing properties on Southill Road and Bancroft Avenue;
- Vehicular and pedestrian access via Southill Road to the south-east via Southill Road.
- Appropriate on-plot parking is provided, totalling 96 off-street car parking spaces (on average 2.4 spaces per property) to ensure parking does not overspill onto the surrounding roads and streets.
- The proposals comprise flats, detached and semi-detached Affordable Homes. The plans highlight the typical designs of the dwellings and how these might look within the street scene.
What Happens Next?
The consultation will close on the Friday 12th November 2021
We will consider all responses received as part of this consultation to help shape the development proposals.
A Full Planning Application will then be submitted to Central Bedfordshire Council in November 2021, which will include a ‘Statement of Community Consultation’ detailing how all comments received have been considered. The Council will then also conduct a further formal consultation on the proposals once the Application has been validated.