Land off Bilton Lane
The Application Site is situated within the administrative area of Rugby Borough Council and immediately to the south of Rugby Road/Lawford Road (A4278), which is located south of the existing settlement of Long Lawford. The site is adjacent to the urban edge of Rugby and is approximately 2.5km west of the town centre.
The site predominantly comprises open countryside and is currently used for both arable and pastoral farming, with an associated dwelling and farm buildings.
The site comprises approximately 70 acres.
The site is well connected to Long Lawford and Rugby via existing public transport.
A planning application has been made to Rugby Borough Council, seeking Outline consent for the development of up to 351 residential dwellings, new Country Park, new vehicular access from Rugby Road and Bilton Lane and associated infrastructure and landscaping works in addition to providing land for a new Secondary School.
- Up to 351 new Residential Units, including 105 affordable homes
- Land for Future Secondary School
- New Country park
The proposed development at Lawford Fields would bring many significant benefits to Long Lawford and the wider area:
- Gifting of land to WCC to enable the delivery of a much-needed new Secondary School.
- A network of streets and spaces aligned to frame views towards proposed landmark buildings to create a legible scheme with clear sense of place.
- Provision of mixed-tenure homes and housing types including 105 homes that are genuinely affordable.
- High-quality designed homes with gardens/private amenity space.
- Opportunities to grow food in a local allotment garden.
- Development that enhances the natural environment, providing a comprehensive green infrastructure network and net biodiversity gains and enhanced public access to open space and recreational play spaces, including the provision of a new Village Green at the heart of the development and a New Country Park.
- Integrated and accessible transport systems, with walking, cycling and public transport designed to be the most attractive forms of local transport and linking with existing Public Rights of Way to create a new fitness loop around the site.
If you wish any further detail on the proposal, please do not hesitate to contact the team at GVD by email – email@example.com
The application is registered with Rugby Borough Council – Application Reference R20/0134 and comments can be made directly to the planning authority.